Thursday, December 08, 2005

Lakers @ Raptors

Ha ha ha ... gotta love it. Do you like the taste of that? I sure do. The Lakers have their first 3 game winning streak of the season. I remembered that it took them a long time to finally do it last season and the LA Times reminded me just how long with this comment ".... taking 18 games to accomplish what couldn't be done last season until the final week of February". I pity the fool who criticizes Phil Jackson and says he can't bring along young talent. At the rate they are progressing, all of you fools who jumped all over the Lakers before and early in the season are going to eat your words. Especially you Charles!!!

If I recall, Charles Barkley came out and said the Lakers will not even make the playoffs. Well, one of us is going to look foolish and barring a major injury, I don't think it will be me. Ok, so I might be jumping the gun a bit, but, I see potential in this team that others don't. I think they have the ability to compete with the elite teams in this league and as they get more comfortable with the offense and get a chance to play together more on defense, we will hopefully see it. And, with their first back to back wins in consecutive nights, they are gaining some much needed confidence.

Kobe only had 11 pts but dished out 9 assists and as a team they had 28 assists in their first 40 baskets. A good sign that their ball movement is improving. Sasha also had a nice game. I hope everyone is noticing how much better he is getting with playing time. It pissed me off last year when he didn't get more of it. I guess it took a Kwame injury for him to get a chance to prove himself and Phil likes what he sees. Speaking of Kwame, everyone that talks about the trade always mentions Laron Profit as an afterthought.

Phil seemed to see more than everyone else in this kid as he is getting some quality minutes and making the most of it. He scored 14 pts in 21 mins. I have to admit that with my eyes getting worse, with him wearing number 9, and a wrist band worn like Kobe, he fools me at times. He moves quite a bit like Kobe. Of course, I am not saying he is or will be as good but at times he looks similar. Also, worth mentioning is Walton's 13 points, 6 rebs and 4 assists.

After writing that last line, I noticed that I haven't given Walton credit he deserves in my writing. When he is out on the floor the ball seems to move better. He is a great passer and he tries to get open guys the ball. You also see him directing guys to spots on the floor. He understands the offense and is great to have on the floor. His shooting from the outside has improved this year even more. I just think he needs to work on finishing near the basket.

Lakers win 102-91, Record 9-9

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home