Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Lakers @ Spurs

Prior to this game, I was looking forward to seeing how well the Lakers matched up against one of the best teams in the conference. I thought this would be a decent measure of how they were progressing.

Fast forward to the start of this game and every Lakers fan's stomach is turning inside. Could it really have been only 2 years since Fish's magical shot? I couldn't believe what I was watching. Were the Lakers really as bad as some of the forecasts? There shooting was pathetic but they managed to stick around in the game. Before you know it, they are close at halftime.

Welcome to the season Lamar Odom. This is what we expected the whole time. I can get used to Odom games like this. It was also nice to see Bynum get significant minutes. It's about time!! I know he is only 18 but bring him along faster. You can tell he's going to be a star in this league. He has a ton of raw talent. I just want him to see him be more agressive offensively. He still looks a bit tenative. Although, he has shown flashes of it. I hope you saw him nearly slam home the putback. Also having a breakout game was Sasha. He has been getting progressively better every game. He is really starting to get more comfortable shooting the 3 from the wing and he took it to the hole hard as well. If the 3 of these guys continue to improve like this. I think we can not only qualify for the playoffs but contend.

In the second half, the Lakers kept it close but could not come up with key stops when they needed them and couldn't convert on the offensive end when they needed to. This is all part of maturity and they have shown improvement every game. I like the improvement I see. I am sure most people thought the Lakers would get blown out in this game. They shot horribly but still found a way to compete ... not bad, eh?

Lakers lose 90-84, Record 5-8

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home